Interior of MacDuff and Kivell General Store, 1948
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white photograph of the interior of MacDuff and Kivell General Store. Thearn Kivell is the man wearing an apron standing behind the counter. Products can be seen on shelves along the back wall. Also a weigh scale can be seen at left.
- MacDuff and Kivell General store was located at the south-west corner of Baldwin Street and Campbell Street, at 50 Baldwin Street. In 1927 the store was purchased by A.B. MacDuff and operated by his son John MacDuff after A.B.'s death. Thearn Kivell was John MacDuff's partner in the 1940s and 1950s. The store was sold in 1956 and the building was demolished in 1971. It was replaced by the Bank of Commerce building.
- Date of Original
Width: 10 cm
Height: 12 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 10cm
Image Height: 12cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Kivell, Thearn
- Corporate Name(s)
- MacDuff and Kivell General Store
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.883333 Longitude: -78.933333
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Interior of MacDuff and Kivell General Store, 1948, Photographer Unknown. Whitby Archives 25-000-112.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a copy negative.