Unidentified Football Player, c.1939
- Mystery Question
- Can you identify the football player in this photograph?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of an unidentified boy wearing his school football uniform and posing in his football stance. There is a wooden fence in the background behind him. On the front of his uniform is "Whitby High School".
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.877898505524 Longitude: -78.9452510768127
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Marjorie Ruddy
- Recommended Citation
- Unidentified Football Player, c.1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_882D.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.