Unidentified Man and Woman, c.1945
- Mystery Question
- Can you identify the people in this photograph?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white negative of an unidentified woman and an unidentified man standing in front of a flower bed. Large trees are visible in the background.
- This negative was part of a negative strip that was found rolled up in a wooden box without any identification of the people or places in the photographs. Written on the wooden box: Marjorie Ruddy negs 45 each.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina,
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photograhps Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8792131934788 Longitude: -78.9421397143554
- Recommended Citation
- Unidentified Man and Woman, c.1945, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_856A.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.