Agricultural Trade Show, c.1947
- Mystery Question
- Can you identify the equipment in this photograph?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white negative of farm machinery on display at an Agricultural Trade Show. The sign on the side of the machine states "McCormick-Deering". Visible in the background are other McCormick-Deering farm machinery.
- This negative was part of a negative strip that was found rolled up in a wooden box without any identification of the event or people in the photographs. Written on the wooden box: Marjorie Ruddy negs 45 each.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie
- Corporate Name(s)
- Beatty Bros.
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8798301571018 Longitude: -78.942174911499
- Recommended Citation
- Agricultural Trade Show, c.1947, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_841B.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.