Thompson Children, November 21, 1939
- Mystery Question
- Do you know the first names of the children in this photograph?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of two young girls and a baby. In this view a young girl is sitting in a chair with her arm around a baby. Another young girl is standing beside the chair. All three children are facing the photographer.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
- 21 November 1939
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie ; Thompson
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.879831860126 Longitude: -78.9421397143554
- Recommended Citation
- Thompson Children, November 21, 1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_825B.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.