Donald Beaton, November 22, 1939
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white negative showing Donald Ross Beaton in his military uniform and hat. He is standing in front of a fireplace.
- Donald Ross Beaton was born 8 June 1920 in Whitby, Ontario to Blake Byron and Amy Winnifred (Ross) Beaton. He enlisted in the Canadian Army at the beginning of World War Two and remained overseas until the end of the war. Upon his return he continued his military career as an Officer until his retirement in 1959. Major Beaton died on 22 November 1969 in Richmond, Virginia, U.S.A and is buried in Signal Hill Memorial Park, Hanover, Virginia, U.S.A.
- Date of Original
- 22 November 1939
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina, Beaton, Donald Ross
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photograhps Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8775736957959 Longitude: -78.9466887408447
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Marjorie Ruddy
- Recommended Citation
- Donald Beaton, November 22, 1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_816A.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.