Gardens at 600 King Street, July 5, 1939
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of a garden at 600 King Street in Whitby, Ontario.
- This house, at the southwest corner of King and St. John Streets, was built in 1914 for Dr. Horace Bascom, Registrar of the Ontario County Courts and later Sheriff. After Dr. Bascom's death in 1956 the house was owned by Duncan McIntyre.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- 5 July 1939
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Bascom, Dr. Horace
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date:
- Recommended Citation:
- Gardens at 600 King Street, July 5, 1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_804D.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address