Edward Bartlet & Pupils, May 13, 1936
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina, 1908-1980, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of Edward Bartlet and his students. In this view Edward is standing behind three of his students who are holding violins under their arms.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- 13 May 1936
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Bartlet, Edward
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Edward Bartlet & Pupils, May 13, 1936, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_789.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address