Bird's Nest, May 24, 1938
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina, 1908-1980, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of a bird's nest on top of a pillar at 501 Byron Street South in Whitby, Ontario.
- This house was built in 1915 and purchased by Judge Robert Ruddy in 1919. It was owned by the Ruddy family until 1993.
Marjorie Ruddy, prominent Whitby photographer and daughter of Judge Ruddy, grew up in this house.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- 24 May 1938
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Bird's Nest, May 24, 1938, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_788D.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address