Romance Through Nations Show, October 20, 1939
- Mystery Question:
Can you identify anyone in this photograph?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of five unidentified female performers wearing leis and grass skirts on stage at the Whitby Town Hall. They are posing with their hands on their hips. Their performance was part of the Romance Through Nations show held on October 20, 1939.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- 10 October 1939
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Romance Through Nations Show, October 20, 1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_782B.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address