Reverend Douglas B. Langford, October 3, 1939
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of Reverend Douglas B. Langford standing in a garden in Whitby, Ontario. An arbour is visible to the left of the Reverend.
- Reverend Douglas B. Langford was born in India on January 25, 1878. After his marriage he came to Toronto, Canada, as Vicar of Little Trinity Church. From 1924 to 1948 he was Rector of St. John's Anglican Church at Port Whitby. He died at Toronto on December 7, 1949, and is buried in St. John's Anglican Cemetery, Port Whitby.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- 3 October 1939
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Langford, Reverend Douglas B.
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Reverend Douglas B. Langford, October 3, 1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_780B.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address