Mrs. Mina Anderson, October 3, 1939
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of Mrs. Mina Anderson standing in her garden in Whitby, Ontario. A baseball diamond is visible in the background.
- Mina D. Ross married John Alexander Anderson. They had two children, John Ross (1913-1939) and Mary. John Alexander Anderson, was Deputy Sheriff of Ontario County from 1935 until his retirement in 1958. Mrs. Anderson died on 28 March 1974 and is buried in Necropolis Cemetery, Cannington, Ontario.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- 3 October 1939
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Anderson, Mina D. Ross
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Mrs. Mina Anderson, October 3, 1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_780A.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address