Arnold/Young Wedding, August 18, 1939
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of the Arnold daughters at their parents' residence known as Arnhills in Pickering, Ontario. In this view from left to right (back row): Ada, Lillian (the bride), Mary. Left to right (front row) Elizabeth (Betty) and Thomasine (Tommy). Arnhills is visible to the right of the women.
- Lillian Arnold married Cromwell Young on 18 August 1939 at her parents' residence known as Arnhills, in Pickering, Ontario.
Harry Arnold (1877-1971) married Irene Curtis (1881-1961) on 6 June 1910 in Port Hope, Ontario. They had five daughters: Mary, Lillian, Thomasine (1915-1978), Ada (1917-1986), Elizabeth Margaret (Betty). The family lived at "Arnhills" in Pickering, Ontario.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- 18 August 1939
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Arnold, Harry ; Arnold, Irene Curtis ; Pettijohn, Mary Arnold ; Anderson, Thomasine Arnold ; Cockburn, Ada May Curtis ; Young, Lillian Ellen Arnold ; Reid, Elizabeth Margaret Arnold
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Arnold Family, August 18, 1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_775C.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address