Harvey 35th Wedding Anniversary, August 14, 1939
- Mystery Question
- Can you identify the woman in this photograph?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of Mrs. Harvey (seated) and an unidentified woman (standing). This picture was take on the occasion of Mr. and Mrs. Harvey's 35th wedding anniversary. An arbour covered in vines is visible behind them.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
- 14 August 1939
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Harvey
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.879831860126 Longitude: -78.942053883667
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Harvey 35th Wedding Anniversary, August 14, 1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_772C.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.