Harvey 35th Wedding Anniversary, August 14, 1939
- Mystery Question:
Can you identify the woman in this photograph?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of Mr. and Mrs. Harvey on the occasion of their 35th wedding anniversary. Mr. Harvey is standing behind Mrs. Harvey who is sitting. There is an unidentified woman standing to the left of Mrs. Harvey. An arbour covered in vines is visible behind them.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- 14 August 1939
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Harvey
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Harvey 35th Wedding Anniversary, August 14, 1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_771D.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address