Mr. Smith, April 1938
- Mystery Question
- Do you know Mr. Smith's first name?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of Mr. Smith standing outside in front of a brick wall. A window is visible in the background. This photograph was taken in April 1938 for his chauffeurs licence.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
- April 1938
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Smith
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.879831860126 Longitude: -78.942053883667
- Recommended Citation
- Mr. Smith, April 1938, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_764B.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.