Spring Sewer Main Cleanup, c.1938
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of Cecil Greenfield standing on a sidewalk and holding a shovel and pickaxe. The tools will be used to clean out a sewer main blockage that occurred on April 23. No specific year was given.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Greenfield, Cecil Stephen
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Spring Sewer Main Cleanup, c.1938, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_730C.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address