Charles Robert Beaton, November 22, 1939
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of Charles Robert (Bob) Beaton dressed in a suit and standing in front of a fireplace.
- Charles Robert (Bob) Beaton was born 12 May 1923 in Oshawa, Ontario to Dr. Blake and Amy Beaton. He married Dolly Jane Purdy in December of 1942. They had two children, Sandra and Paul. He was a member of the Royal Canadian Air Force and a veteran of World War Two. Mr. Beaton died on 21 January 2000 in Whitby, Ontario.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
- 22 November 1939
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Beaton, Charles Robert (Bob)
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.877681965902 Longitude: -78.9466029101562
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Charles Robert Beaton, November 22, 1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_723A.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.