Bernard Clarke, April 3, 1940
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of Bernard Clarke posing in his goalie equipment on the ice at Taylor Arena in Whitby, Ontario.
- Bernard Clarke was goaltender for the Whitby Amateur Athletic Association Intermediate B Champion hockey team during the 1939/1940 season.
Taylor Arena was located on the east side of Brock between Gilbert and Ontario Streets.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- 3 April 1940
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Clarke, Bernard
- Corporate Name(s):
- Whitby Amateur Athletic Association
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Bernard Clarke, April 3, 1940, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_722A.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address