Lynde Brothers, March 7, 1938
- Mystery Question
- Can you identify the other hockey player in this photograph?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of Ben Lynde (left) and his brother posing in their hockey uniforms and equipment outside of a house.
- Ben Lynde played for the Whitby Bruins Midget hockey team during the 1937/1938 season.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
- 7 March 1938
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Lynde, Ben
- Corporate Name(s)
- Whitby Bruins Midget Hockey Team
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.879831860126 Longitude: -78.9422255450439
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Lynde Brothers, March 7, 1938, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_720A.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.