W.A. Cormack Valentine Display Window, February 1940
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of a Valentine display window at W.A. Cormack's florist shop located at 124 Dundas Street West in Whitby, Ontario.
- William Alexander Cormack was born in Whitby, Ontario on 20 September 1904. He married Wilma Marion Hall on 24 May 1952 in Hamilton, Ontario.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
- February 1940
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Cormack, William Alexander
- Corporate Name(s)
- W.A. Cormack Florist
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8797081273105 Longitude: -78.943148224945
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- W.A. Cormack Valentine Display Window, February 1940, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_718C.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.