Mrs. Isabella Anderson, c.1939
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of Mrs. Isabella Anderson sitting in a wheelchair in her doorway at 417 Byron Street South, Whitby. The negative envelope indicates the photograph was taken on April 23. No year is given.
- Isabella (Cameron) Anderson was born in 1860. She married George Tocher Anderson (1856-1939) and they did not have any children. Mrs. Anderson died on 21 October 1945 in Oshawa, Ontario. She is buried in Mount Lawn Cemetery, Whitby, Ontario.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Anderson, Isabella
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Mrs. Isabella Anderson, c.1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_695A.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address