Salvation Army at Harvest Festival, c.1939
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of two Salvation Army workers at a booth at the Harvest Festival in Whitby, Ontario. No year was specified on the negative envelope.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina
- Corporate Name(s)
- Salvation Army
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.879831860126 Longitude: -78.9424830371094
- Recommended Citation
- Salvation Army at Harvest Festival, c.1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_693.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.