St. James Anglican Church and Cemetery, c.1939
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of St. James Anglican Church and cemetery located on Lot 2, Concession 4, Brock Township. View is of the cemetery and the back of the Church.
- St. James Anglican cemetery was established in 1864 on Lot 2, Concession 4, Brock Township. The church was built circa 1865.
This photograph was taken at the reopening service of the church on Sunday September 18. No year was specified on the negative envelope.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. James Anglican Church
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- St. James Anglican Church and Cemetery, c.1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_690D.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address