Memorial Grave R.I.P, December 1939
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of a memorial grave R.I.P on stage at the Town Hall in December 1938. The memorial was part of the Royal Canadian Legion's Ladies' Night. The negative envelope states "Ashton - memorial grave R.I.P".
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- December 1938
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Ashton
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Memorial Grave R.I.P, December 1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_685A.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address