Ethel McMillian and Mrs. Graham, August 1939
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of Ethel McMillian (left) and Mrs. Graham (right) sitting on a porch in August of 1939. In this view Mrs. Graham is holding on to a tray that is on her lap.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
- August 1939
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie ; McMillian, Ethel ; Graham, Mrs. E.G.
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8798937264374 Longitude: -78.9421397143554
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Ethel McMillian and Mrs. Graham, August 1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_681A.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.