W.M.S. Garden Party, June 1939
- Mystery Question
- Can you identify anyone in this photograph?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of women in conversation at a Garden Party. In the centre of the photograph women are sitting on chairs. To the right of the photograph women are standing.
- The Women's Missionary Society of the United Church held a garden party in June of 1939.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
- June 1939
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8797081273105 Longitude: -78.9419680529785
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- W.M.S. Garden Party, June 1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_668A.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.