Romance Through Nations Show, October 20, 1939
- Mystery Question
- Can you identify anyone in this photograph?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of women and girls wearing costumes on stage at the Whitby Town Hall. Their performance was part of the Romance Through Nations show held on October 20, 1939.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
- 10 October 1939
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8787027886588 Longitude: -78.9415388995361
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Romance Through Nations Show, October 20, 1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_664B.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.