1728 Brock Street South Fence Line, February 1938
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of the fence line at 1728 Brock Street South, Whitby, Ontario. In this view the back of the house can be seen with the shed to the left of the photograph.
- John C. McLellan resided at 1728 Brock Street South in Port Whitby. He was born in Albany, Vermont and moved to Whitby in 1915 to work on the construction of the Ontario Hospital. He married Bertha Atkinson (1875-1953) of Whitby on 28 October 1916. Mr. McLellan died on 3 September 1946 an is buried in St. John's Anglican Cemetery, Port Whitby, Ontario.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- February 1938
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; McLellan, John C.
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- 1728 Brock Street South Fence Line, February 1938, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_659C.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address