Miss. Mutton, February 1938
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of a portrait of Miss. Mutton taken at the Ontario Ladies' College in February 1938. In this view she is facing forward with her elbows resting on the arm rests of the chair.
- Trafalgar Castle was built for Nelson Gilbert Reynolds (1814-1881), Sheriff of Ontario County from 1852 to 1881. Trafalgar Castle was designed by Toronto architect, Joseph Sheard and built between 1859 and 1862. The Sheriff lived in Trafalgar Castle from 1862 until 1874 when he sold the building to the Methodist Church of Canada for use as a ladies college.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- February 1938
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Mutton
- Corporate Name(s):
- Ontario Ladies' College ; Trafalgar Castle School
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Miss. Mutton, February 1938, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_656D.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address