Guild of All Arts Alumnae Tea, May 12, 1938
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of four unidentified people standing out back of the Guild Inn on May 12, 1938.
- The Guild Inn was located in Scarborough, Ontario. The proprietors, Rosa and Spencer Clark, formed the Guild of All Arts at the Inn. In return for room and board artists would share their art and knowledge with the Guild and its visitors (Miedema, Gary. The Guild Inn. heritagetoronto.org/the-guild-inn/, August 5, 2014).
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
- 12 May 1938
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Clark, Rosa ; Clark, Spencer
- Corporate Name(s)
- Guild of All Arts ; Guild Inn
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.7477787218347 Longitude: -79.1920076080322
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Guild of All Arts Alumnae Tea, May 12, 1938, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_653B.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.