501 Byron Street South, March 21, 1938
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of the garden and porch at 501 Byron Street South, Whitby, Ontario.
- This house was built in 1915 and purchased by Judge Robert Ruddy in 1919. It was owned by the Ruddy family until 1993.
Marjorie Ruddy, prominent Whitby photographer and daughter of Judge Ruddy, grew up in this house.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- 31 March 1938
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Ruddy, Robert
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- 501 Byron Street South, March 21, 1938, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_650B.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address