Helen Maguire, March 22, 1938
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of Helen Maguire sitting outside on cement stairs. In this view she is looking at the photographer and has her hand on her knee.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
- 22 March 1938
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Maguire, Helen
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8797081273105 Longitude: -78.9421397143554
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Helen Maguire, March 22, 1938, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_638B.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.