Reardon Family, December 6, 1946
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white large format negative of the Reardon family sitting on a couch. In this view from left to right: Doris, Ada, Elizabeth, Alfred and William. Samuel is wearing his dress uniform and looking at William.
- Alfred Samuel Reardon was born at Middlesex, England on 16 April 1911 and came to Whitby in 1927. He married Ada Irene Howland (1899-1974) on February 23, 1935. They had three children: Elizabeth, Doris and William.
On 24 September 1939, Reardon signed up with the 11th Armoured Regiment in Oshawa and served in Europe for the duration of the Second World War.
On returning to Whitby, he opened a show repair business in 1946 but closed it in September 1951 due to ill-health. From 1964 to 1976 Reardon was employed in the laundry and linen service at Whitby Psychiatric Hospital.
He died at Whitby on 13 August 1980 and is buried in Groveside Cemetery, Brooklin.
- Date of Original:
- 6 December 1946
Width: 5 in
Height: 3 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Reardon, Alfred Samuel
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Reardon Family, December 6, 1946, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_630.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white large format negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address