John and William Brant, December 1944
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white medium format negative of John and William Brant taken in December of 1944. In this view both boys are standing at an angle to the photographer. The boy on the right has his arm around the boy on the left and they are both smiling at the photographer.
- John and William Brant are the sons of Theodore Jack Brant (1905-1987) and Ruth Gladys Spall Brant (1909-1973). Theodore and Ruth had one daughter, Elizabeth Ruth.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- December 1944
Width: 2.5 in
Height: 2.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie ; Brant, John ; Brant, William
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- John and William Brant, December 1944, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_609.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white medium format negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address