Crago Wedding, July 27, 1946
- Mystery Question:
Can you identify anyone in this photograph?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white large format negative of the Crago wedding party taken on July 27, 1946 on the steps of a church in Brooklin, Ontario. In this view Mr. and Mrs. Crago are standing on the first step with other wedding party attendants standing on steps behind them.
- Stuart Crago married Muriel Harding on July 27, 1946 in Brooklin, Ontario.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- 27 July 1946
Width: 5 in
Height: 3 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie ; Crago, Stuart ; Crago, Muriel Harding
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Crago Wedding, July 27, 1946, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_584.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white large format negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address