Algoma Tourist Camp, c.1957
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white photographic postcard of cabins and cars at the Algoma Tourist Camp located in Whitby, Ontario.
- The Algoma Tourist Camp was located on the north side of Highway 2, east of Garden Street, opposite where Lupin Drive meets Highway 2 (at 732 Dundas Street East). In the 1960s it became the Canadiana Motel.
- Recto (bottom left corner): ALGOMA TOURIST CAMP, No. 2 Highway, WHITBY, ONTARIO. Phone MO. 8-3686
Verso: Post Card, CORRESPONDENCE, ADDRESS
(down the centre of the postcard): Canadian Post-Card Co Ltd. Toronto 3
- Canadian Post-Card Co Ltd.
- Place of Publication:
- Toronto, Ontario
- Date of Original:
Width: 5 in
Height: 3.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Smit, Willem ; Smit, Francine Geldof ; Smit, Hendrik (Hank) ; Smit, Willemyna (Willie) ; Geldof, Frans
- Corporate Name(s):
- Canadiana Motel ; Algoma Tourist Camp
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date:
- Copyright Holder:
- Whitby Archives
- Recommended Citation:
- Algoma Tourist Camp, 1957, Photographer Unknown. Whitby Archives A2014_026_006.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white photographic postcard.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address