Algoma Tourist Camp, 1957
- Francine Smit, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white photograph of the Smit family at the Algoma Tourist Camp in 1957. In this view Mr. Smit is standing by a car, Willie Smit is standing behind a picnic table and Hank Smit is sitting on the right side of the picnic table facing the photographer.
- The Smit family stayed at the Algoma Tourist Camp in 1957 when Mrs. Smit's father (Mr. Geldof) came from Holland for a visit.
The Algoma Tourist Camp was located on the north side of Highway 2, east of Garden Street, opposite where Lupin Drive meets Highway 2 (at 732 Dundas Street East). In the 1960s it became the Canadiana Motel.
- Top of photograph "Cabins" is handwritten.
In all four corners of the photograph: 1957
- Date of Original
Width: 3.5 in
Height: 3.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Smit, Willem ; Smit, Francine Geldof ; Smit, Hendrik (Hank) ; Smit, Willemyna (Willie) ; Geldof, Frans
- Corporate Name(s)
- Canadiana Motel ; Algoma Tourist Camp
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8827549731485 Longitude: -78.9304345542145
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Whitby Archives
- Recommended Citation
- Algoma Tourist Camp, 1957, Francine Smit. Whitby Archives A2014_026_002.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white photograph.