Lawlor Children, November 15, 1946
- Mystery Question:
Do you know the name of the Lawlor children?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white large format negative of the Lawlor children taken on November 15, 1946. In this view a young boy is sitting with his arm around a baby girl. The baby is smiling and looking to the left of the photographer.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- 15 November 1946
Width: 5 in
Height: 3 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Lawlor
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Lawlor Children, November 15, 1946, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives, A2013_040_509.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white large format negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address