Myrtle School Class
- Peter, R.H., Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white class photograph of a class at Myrtle School. From left to right:
Back Row: Elsie Schell, Jessie Heron, Harry Donnelly, Earl Cook, Ruby Cooke, Georgina Grant, Miss Jessie Gordon (Teacher), Dorothy Fisher, Florence Adams, Pauline Price, Albert Donnelly, Edgar Heron.
Third Row: Mildred Harrison, Mervin Ross, Kay Downey, Bernice Price, Galilee O'Boyle, Electa Birkett, Reva Cooper.
Second Row: Harry Briggs, James Lawrence, Ronald Johnson, Elmer Johnson, Jay O'Boyle, Donald Johnson, Bessie Donnelly, Olive Harrison.
Front Row: Wyatt Kent, Allan Downey, Sam Donnelly, William Ball, Dennis Ball, Milford Sleep, Alvin Schell.
- Myrtle school was built in 1880 on the south side of the 9th Concession of Whitby Township, a short distance west of Highway 12. It was a board and batten building covered with insubrick in the late 1940s. In July 1940 the building was raised and a basement was built underneath it. The building was demolished in 1978.
- Date of Original:
Width: 7.5 cm
Height: 8 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 7.5cm
Image Height: 8cm
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address