Murdock Family, November 29, 1947
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white large format negative of the Murdock family taken on November 29, 1947. In this view Mrs. Murdock is sitting with a little girl on her right. Mr. Murdock is standing behind the little girl.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
- 29 November 1947
Width: 5 in
Height: 3 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie ; Murdock, Stanley
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8327943212979 Longitude: -79.0673153540039
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Murdock Family, November 29, 1947, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_491.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white large format negative.