Jean Stewart, November 30, 1947
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white large format negative of Jean Stewart taken on November 30, 1947. In this view Miss. Stewart is smiling and looking towards the photographer.
- Jean Victoria Stewart lived in Whitby, Ontario and died on 25 March 1990. She is buried in St. John's Roman Catholic Cemetery, Whitby, Ontario.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
- 30 November 1947
Width: 5 in
Height: 3 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Stewart, Jean Victoria
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.879831860126 Longitude: -78.9421397143554
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Jean Stewart, November 30, 1947, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives, A2013_040_481.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white large format negative.