Unidentified Women Having Tea, c.1952
- Mystery Question
- Can you identify the women in this photograph?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white large format negative of two unidentified women sitting at a table that is decorated. In this view the woman on the left is holding a tea cup and looking forward. The woman on the right is holding a tea pot and tea cup and looking at the woman on the left. This negative has started to degrade.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
Width: 5 in
Height: 3 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.879924659569 Longitude: -78.9421826296997
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Marjorie Ruddy
- Recommended Citation
- Unidentified Women Having Tea, c.1952, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives, A2013_040_479.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white large format negative.