Robert Wagstaff and Family, December 7, 1947
- Mystery Question:
Can you identify the children in this photograph?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white large format negative of Robert Wagstaff and his two children. In this view a young male child is sitting in a chair with his arm around a baby who is looking up at him. Mr. Wagstaff is sitting to the right of the children.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- 7 December 1947
Width: 5 in
Height: 3 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie ; Wagstaff, Robert
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Robert Wagstaff and Family, December 7, 1947, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_455.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white large format negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address