Unidentified Woman in Uniform, c.1940s
- Mystery Question
- Can you identify the woman in this photograph?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white medium format negative of an unidentified woman in her Canadian Women's Army Corps uniform. In this view the woman is leaning on a wall in front of cement stairs.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
Width: 2.5 in
Height: 3.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie
- Corporate Name(s)
- Canadian Women's Army Corps
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.879584394238 Longitude: -78.9419680529785
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Unidentified Woman in Uniform, c.1940s, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_411.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white medium format negative.