Terrett Wedding, September 4, 1948
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white large format negative of Reginald St. John Terrett and his bride, Helen Emily Payne, on the steps of a church in Oshawa, Ontario. The negative envelope is marked Reg. Terrett wedding, Oshawa, September 4, 1948.
- Reginald St. John Terrett immigrated to Canada in 1922. He worked for General Motors in Oshawa, Ontario and established several Boy Scout troops in the area. In 1940 he moved to Regina, Saskatchewan where he met Helen Payne. They had three children, Grace, Joseph and Barbara. Mr. Terrett is a veteran of World War Two serving as a Flight Officer with the RCAF. From 1955 to 1969 he served as the Provincial Executive Commissioner of the Ontario Boy Scouts. Reginald died on 15 September 1979 in Toronto, Ontario.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- 4 September 1948
Width: 4 in
Height: 3 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie ; Terrett, Reginald St. John ; Terrett, Helen Emily Payne
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Terrett Wedding, September 4, 1948, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_366.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white large format negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address