Brown-Eastwood Wedding, July 28, 1948
- Mystery Question:
Can you identify anyone in the bridal party?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white large format negative of the Brown-Eastwood bridal party on July 28, 1948 in Greenwood, Ontario. We believe the bride to be Mildred Brown and the groom to be Glynn Eastwood. In this photograph from left to right: Eileen Slute (nee Sadler), unidentified, Mildred Brown Eastwood, unidentified, unidentified, unidentified.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- 28 July 1948
Width: 4 in
Height: 3 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie ; Eastwood ; Brown
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Brown-Eastwood Wedding, July 28, 1948, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_358.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white large format negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address