Leonard Beckley's Garden, June 1983
- Leonard Beckley, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A colour slide of flowers in Leonard Beckley's garden in Whitby, Ontario. In this view houses can be seen in the background.
- Leonard Beckley was born in Bude, Cornwall, England on 17 September 1905. He immigrated to Canada in 1910 with his parents, Richard and Jane, and his three brothers Herbert, Victor and Edgar. The family would move to 509 Beech Street, Whitby, Ontario circa 1916. He married Elizabeth (Betty) Ellen Roberts (1901-1984) and they did not have any children. They lived at 609 Pine Street, Whitby, Ontario.
Mr. Beckley was an avid photographer, taking photographs of flowers, changing seasons, and events of Whitby. He also documented his family vacations to historic places through photographs. His other passion was gardening which was reflected in his “Old English” garden.
- Date of Original
- June 1983
Width: 2 in
Height: 2 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Beckley, Leonard
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8885389116671 Longitude: -78.939714997406
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Whitby Archives
- Recommended Citation
- Leonard Beckley's Garden, June 1983, Leonard Beckley. Whitby Archives A2014_004_233.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a colour slide.