Norah Morrissey & Relatives, August 1950
- Mystery Question:
Can you identify anyone in this photograph?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white large format negative of Norah Morrissey and relatives. In this view two people are kneeling and two people are sitting down.
- Honorah (Norah) Mary Beamish was born at Burritts Rapids, Ontario on October 11, 1913. She married Nicholas James Morrissey in Whitby, Ontario on October 4, 1940. She died on December 16, 1957 and is buried in St. John's Roman Catholic Cemetery, Whitby, Ontario.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- August 1950
Width: 4 in
Height: 3 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie ; Morrissey, Norah
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date:
- Copyright Holder:
- Marjorie Ruddy
- Recommended Citation:
- Norah Morrissey & Relatives, August 1950, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_318.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white large format negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address