Whitby Cub Pack, August 9, 1950
- Mystery Question:
Can you identify any of the Cubs in this photograph?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white large format negative of three unidentified Cubs peeling vegetables. The Camp is unidentified but it is possible that it is Camp Hood on the east side of Cochrane Street between Rossland Road and Taunton Road.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
- 9 August 1950
Width: 4 in
Height: 3 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie ; Allan, Marjorie
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Recommended Citation:
- Whitby Cub Pack, August 9, 1950, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_248.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white large format negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address